Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekend Shenanigans: Puppies and Friends

It was a busy weekend but pretty relaxing which was great!  Friday after work, I headed over to coach with Anna.  It was fun to see her divers again and it also made me miss my old high school divers.  There is a season for everything in life and at this point in my life, I'm not available for coaching high school but perhaps again one day I can.

After coaching, I met up with hubby at Fletcher's to have aps & dinner with Tim, Ellie, and baby Landon!  We haven't seen Landon since before Europe.  He is now 5 weeks old and is SUCH a cutie!  It was really fun to see him.

Then on Saturday, I had signed up Ryan for a massage.  He needed one and I knew he wouldn't go get one on his own so I made an appointment for him.  He is now relaxed :)
While he was doing that and then finishing up a little work with a client, I decided to do a little fall closet cleaning.  I filled up 5 bags!  Ryan thinks it is my excuse to go shopping some more but for real, I just realized there was way too much in my closet that I don't wear anymore so time to clean it out.

Then Ryan brought over my mom's dog, Gracie.  Gracie is staying with us for a few days.  Gracie and Dupree love playing together and they tucker each other out.  It's great!  But having Gracie has made us realize two things: we will always have dogs that don't shed and we really like little dogs.  It's funny- both Ryan and I grew up with big dogs and we LOVE them!  We never thought we would have a small dog but it has become obvious that our house is just not well suited for a big dog.  We have wood floors, minimal running space, a small yard, and we now have Gracie hair all over our clothes.  Don't get me wrong- I LOVE Gracie.  She is such a sweetheart and I am so happy to have her for a few days.  It just has been a learning opportunity for us.

Saturday evening we had dinner with our friends Danielle and Mike.  And finished the evening at our house, watching college football and enjoying some beers and wine.  Danielle and Mike actually used to live in our neighborhood but are now moving to a beautiful new home in Chaska.  I can't wait to see it!

Sunday was a lazy morning.  I took the puppies for a walk and Ryan did a little yard work.  We worked out and then spent the afternoon with Dustin & Liz watching Sunday football.  Liz and I were constantly updated on Fantasy Football.  Aren't we lucky?! ;)  We have decided we will have a wives league next year- ladies you in?

There was more playing with puppies and then they crashed :)  

So I didn't get any holiday decorating done, I did get another European trip blog post done- go check it out, but I enjoyed a weekend with hubby, puppies, and friends.  I'm ready for another busy week... coaching, dinner with Gretchen and Kristyn- very excited to catch up!, coffee with Kristin- I love seeing this lady!, and I have some yard work that must get done soon!  We'll see about that one.  I hope you have a wonderful week- stay busy and keep each day full.



  


No comments:

Post a Comment