Sunday, October 28, 2012

Weekend Shenanigans: Celebrations Galore!

It was another great weekend full of fun and business!  And we loved it!  On Friday, after helping at the U of MN swim/dive meet with my friend Annie, we met our husbands out for dinner at Blvd.  Although I assumed we would all grab dinner, I was the only one who enjoyed dinner- always looks weird to be the only one eating.  Oh well!  It was a delicious ceasar salad!  

On Saturday Ryan and I busted our butts to get our house ready for the baby shower we would host on Sunday.  You know when you host a party how much you do to your house and it's great to get those projects done that you wouldn't otherwise finish!  I loved it!  We cleaned and organized the basement- well really Ryan did!  We finished that darn dresser I've been working on for months- that sucker deserves its own post this week :)  We cleaned and cooked a ton.  We ran to the grocery store 3 times!  You can't possibly remember everything in one trip!  

Then later we headed out for Ryan's uncle Jimmy's surprise 50th birthday party!  It was really fun to meet so many of Jimmy's friends and to celebrate his birthday!  Jimmy thought it was a Halloween party so he was one of the only people dressed up!  Loved it!

After that party we headed over to Bonnie and Daron's house for the annual Halloween party!  The big group dressed up as the Game of Thrones characters and everyone went all out!  It was awesome!  Ryan and I were lame and didn't dress up- we came as the lame Hannays.  

I spent most of the night like this...
snuggled with Howie Hadden!  What a sweetheart!  

And on Sunday we hosted a shower for Jon & Lauren AND HOWIE!  Howie wasn't supposed to be at the party but he was born almost 6 weeks early so we were thrilled that he could be at his own party!  It was an awesome day with lots of great friends, filling food, and some adorable baby moments.  I believe we had 24 people here- a full house but wonderful!

The diaper cake and the beer cake (more specifically for Jon!)
A little monkey theme going on here with a monkey diaper cake and monkey cupcakes!
The girls decorated some onsies with iron on fabric.  ALL the girls were really really creative!  How cute right!?!

How adorable is the man of the hour?!  It was a really great baby shower for Howie!

Hope you had a good weekend too!  Up later this week- the infamous dresser and some more European trip!








1 comment: