Week 9
Week 9 started only a few days after we heard the heart beat- thus the chalkboard sharing the news!! Aside from this, morning sickness was still in full effect and going to bed early is wonderful! I spent most of week 9's weekend on the couch, reading pregnancy books and watching movies.
Week 10
Isn't my husband adorable?! Week 10 was when I thought my morning sickness was starting to subside. I had a few really good days. Don't get me wrong- I was still puking in the morning but it wasn't much and the queasiness didn't last as long. But I was wrong. I can't complain though about morning sickness. For one thing it is confirmation to me every morning that Baby Hannay is growing and doing well so if I have to puke for reassurance of this then I will certainly take that. Secondly, so many women have it far worse than I do! Some women are nauseous all day long; mine seems to be mostly gone by lunch time. And three I feel so blessed that we have a baby on the way and I know there are so many women out there who would love to be pregnant and can't so I will certainly not complain. I'm blessed to puke :)
Week 11
Excuse the picture- I was exhausted. Just finished coaching and minutes before bed :)
I've learned that Baby Hannay loves pancakes- or at least my hormones love pancakes! Eat a pancake (specifically chocolate chip with fresh strawberries and syrup) and I don't have morning sickness. Too bad I don't have time every morning to make pancakes. Another fun thing this week was sitting down with our friend Kristin and her baby Kenley to learn what baby products to register for- what they have found useful, necessary, not needed but recommended etc. And I splurged and order a few items for the nursery!
Week 12
We finally get to announce to the world that our little baby Hannay is on the way! It's been hard not to blog or facebook about this little one for the last 7 weeks. It's fun to finally let the news out and perhaps this explains my lack luster of blogging so far this year. But I promise it will pick up again. We are excited to share out journey with everyone! Also this week started major headaches but I'm thankful I can take Tylenol!

SOOO Adorable Kari! I love the pics & that hubs is participating in the action with his own - My husband gained 15# when I was pregnant (I gained 50!!!)
ReplyDeleteHave you checked out any consignment sales? As a bargain hunter by trade and a momma of twins, I'm a BIG fan. Here are some that I LOVE! And, in case you're not familiar, the consigner sets the price, so bring your phone w/an amazon.com app to see if the person has a good price on their things or if they are "on crack to think they'll get xx for THAT POS" (I find myself saying that sometimes). Anyhoo - Here you go!
If you are a pregnant mamma or your kid is under 1 year, you can sign up for pre-sale shopping, get in free & shop before the public at the opening night & 1/2 price night at JBF sales:
http://jbfsale.com/findevent/Minnesota/
This one is my ALL TIME FAVE because it's only one day, and the consigners are mommies of multiples (I'm usually one of them), things are priced to GO! You missed the Spring sale, but the fall sale is usually in mid/end September:
http://www.mvmom.org/bisale.html
Oh, and check out frozen pancakes - maybe Baby Hannay will be accepting of those on frantic mornings? I believe Eggo has a chocolate chip variety - my drug of choice was guacamole w/tortilla chips - pancakes are far less weird to eat at 6 am. Now, Guac is my kids favorite food(over avocados even)
DeleteI had so much fun meeting with you and talking about Baby Hannay! We may just need to make that a regular date. :)
ReplyDelete