Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans: Grandpa's 91st Birthday

A relatively quiet weekend but I wanted to chat about my Grandpa's birthday.  Grandpa turned 91 on Saturday.  My dear sweet Grandma had put together a birthday party for Grandpa at their new home.  She booked the party room and went all out.  She had put all the tables together to create a long dining table complete with her hand-stitched tablecloth and flower centerpieces.  Adorable.
My grandparents love when my sister-in-law plays her violin.  So Stephanie was so sweet to play a few old time songs for Grandpa's birthday.  During the first song, Grandpa asked Grandma to dance (insert 'awwww!').  My mom and I were all teary eyed.  It was so sweet and their love is something we all feel so blessed to know.
Grandma made lasagna for the whole family for lunch.  Of course it was so good!  Grandpa opened presents- lots of gift cards to his new favorite local restaurant.  We finished with singing Happy Birthday and eating cake!  
A little throw back circa 1992ish.  I do adore my grandpa!  I feel so lucky to celebrate #91 with him!  
Hope you created fun memories this weekend too!
Cheers,

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely event for a wonderful guy! Thanks for sharing these special moments, Kari.

    ReplyDelete