Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday

So one of the blogs I enjoy following is by Ryan's good college friend Kristin.  She blogs here.  She started doing a Top Ten Tuesday and I think it is perfect!  So I will now instate it into my blog!

Today's Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Things I'm Thankful For!
1. My husband.
Although that may be obvious as something to be thankful for, I cannot say in words what an absolute blessing Ryan is in my life.  I found my perfect match and I simply adore him!  

2. My family
I have an absolutely wonderful, close knit family!  This was taken at our wedding- the most recent family picture including my grandparents!  I've been blessed that my family all lives close to each other now- all within about 10 minutes of each other so Friday night pizza dinners or impromptu get togethers are pretty frequent!  I have incredible parents, supportive siblings, ADORABLE nieces and nephew, and very special grandparents.  I could not have asked to be in a better family!

3. My in-laws
They say you don't just marry your spouse, you marry their family too!  And it is true!  I'm not going to lie but for years I dreaded marrying into a family I didn't love being with and my in-laws couldn't be further from that!  Ryan's family has made me feel like one of the bunch- even sometimes a favorite!  How could I not love them??  I work with them!  And I'm so glad Ben married Becca and brought in another sister for me!  

4. My Girlfriends
I have blessed with incredible girlfriends throughout my life and in all walks of my life!  High school, college, diving, church, Ryan's friends wives, personal trainers, coaching...!  My girlfriends have been through my ups and downs with me, cried and laughed, listened and advised, and most importantly invested their time and heart into my life!  God richly blessed me with incredible women in my life!

5. My health
I have always been a pretty healthy person- nothing major to talk about but it's true that you take your health for granted until you really have a problem.  And so- I am thankful that I am healthy!  And I'm thankful the my broken tibia has healed really well after 4 years post accident/surgery!

6. Dupree
This little furball came into our lives and I will forever love him!  He is the best snuggler and although he is needy as all get out- he is so content just to be in the same room as either Ryan or me!  He is adorable beyond words and I am simply thankful he is a part of our family!

7. My Job
At Leasing & Management- I am really blessed to work at a job that I love what I do!  I love the people I work with!  I love the work I do!  I have flexibility, opportunities, family, value, and an ever-changing industry!  It's perfect for me!
And coaching too- a passion for diving has translated into coaching high school kids!  I love mentoring, guiding, encouraging, and becoming a friend!
8. Our Home
I love our house!  I love the area we live- although sometimes far away from our friends- home is close to family and that is so important to us!  I love the rooms in our home!  I love the decor we've made our own!  I am really thankful that we have a beautiful, safe house that is filled with people, furry babies, and the things we love!

9. Vacations
I can't deny that I love vacation!  I love vacations with Ryan!  It's a time to get away, leave the stress behind of work, family, and life in general and relax!  We have taken some really great vacations together and I am so blessed to travel the world with Ryan!  I am excited to continue traveling together!

10. My Faith
I couldn't be more thankful for my faith and relationship with Jesus!  He is the rock and foundation of my life and without him I would be really lost!  I'm not going to get preachy on anyone here on my blog- but I cannot deny the thanks I give to Him for the blessings in my life and that for 26 years he has written the story of my life and I have full faith that He will continue to guide me and shape me into the woman I am supposed to be!

I hope you have a beautiful Thanksgiving holiday with the ones you love and the ones who love you!
Cheers!













No comments:

Post a Comment