This last month flew by in the blink of an eye. Wasn't I just writing about your seven month birthday? Well once again you're growing up quickly and I want to freeze time. I find myself taking in the small moments with you-- watching you sleep longer, letting you get food on your clothes but completely enjoy trying the new flavors and feeding yourself, talking with you in the car like we are having a deep conversation, and just watching in awe as you play and move. You are crawling now and you move fast. Your army crawl technique is working out well for you. I turn around and you have moved all the way across the house in a matter of a minute. You LOVE being able to get to Colin and play together.
I think that is what has made this past month the best. You two are becoming the best of friends. Colin says good morning each day to come wake you up in your crib. He hugs you goodbye before he goes to school. He runs in to see you after school and wants to sit right by you at dinner time. He gives you toys and loves to drive his matchbox cars on your arms and legs. And you two tackle each other all in good fun. And all of this makes you smile and laugh. You adore Colin. And he adores you. It's clear that you two love each other and while everyone says that you two will fight and wrestle- and I'm sure you will- I hope that the love you two are forming for each other now, only creates a bond that is thicker and stronger than anything else.
You continue to be a good eater. Everyone comments on how there is no way you are only eight months old. You are pretty big for your age-- the rolls are ADORABLE and so cuddly. And your sleeping like a champ. You sleep snuggled with your butt in the air. These are the moments that I don't want to forget.
This has been such a fun summer, I don't want it to end. In just a few days you will start daycare at Creative Kids Academy. I'm certain I will cry as leaving you will be incredibly hard. You've had the best summer with Jaxon and Rose watching you and it delights my heart to know you are in the best hands with them. And while I know you will love playing with new friends and you will learn so many things, it will just be another step and reminder of how quickly you are growing up. Your baby days are going fast and I'm not ready for two toddlers. So please listen to your mama and stay little.
XOXO Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment