Well we made it to our final wedding before our baby arrives! Back in the spring, I didn't know if we would make it to the wedding. I didn't know if I would feel good enough or if perhaps baby would make an early appearance. But I feel good and we are still without baby. Angie, who now works with us and was a good friend of Ryan's from college married Andrew in Albert Lea on Saturday and it was a beautiful wedding! It was at a golf course and the rain held off long enough for Angie and Andrew to exchange their vows outside in front of a little lake. When the reception began the sprinkles started but it didn't matter at that point. We had a delicious dinner and some super tasty cupcakes for dessert! It was a very busy dance floor filled with all of our friends! Ryan and I managed to dance likely one last dance before we are a family of 3!
Aside from the wedding, we had a good, full weekend. Thursday (although not the weekend) included the Blake Shelton concert. What is sort of funny is this was the first concert Ryan and I have ever gone to together! It was a great concert and it was made extra eventful with Braxton Hicks contractions before and during the concert! Needless to say Ryan packed his hospital bag on Friday morning so he is all ready now for whenever baby wants to come!
Friday night was low key- I had dinner with my friend Ally at Sunsets and then Ryan and I went over to my sister's for a little bit. We got to meet my sister's boyfriend's kids- two adorable kids! We played pool, ate some sloppy joes and Ryan played some video games with Laura.
And Sunday we had some of the old diving friends over- Shaun, Justin, Kevin, and Dan. Ryan grilled burgers for lunch and it was really nice to see these guys again and catch up. We so infrequently get together- we missed you Kathryn!- but when we do, it's like old times... lots of laughing!
Shaun, me, and Kevin
After the boys left, Ryan and I did a few projects around the house- more prepping for baby. I made a Target run and Ryan did some more garage organizing. And we got all the pacifiers and bottles cleaned and boiled for baby too- getting more ready every day!
And a new update on the porch and deck- it is all framed, windows and doors are in, spindles are on the deck, shingles are on the roof, gas line was installed, and duct work complete! We are sooo excited for this new space in our home- we can't wait!
Have a great week- happy Monday!









EEEEK! The porch is looking GREAT! Can't wait to see it finished. I am so sad I missed Angie's wedding but am glad you were able to go and had a great time. :)
ReplyDelete