Monday, December 10, 2012

Weekend Shenanigans: Holidazzle and a Snow Day!

Friday night started off a perfect weekend!  My favorite high school girlfriends- minus Syd!- went downtown for the Holidazzle parade and dinner at Zelo!  It was so fun!  We started at the Local for apps and drinks- stepped outside to watch the parade and then off to dinner.  We all noticed that as children, the parade seemed much longer but in our adult years, the parade only lasted about 25 minutes and so many of the same floats from years ago!  

At Zelo we had the BEST waiter ever!  His name was Tony!  He joined us for a drink after his shift was done!  If you ever go to Zelo- request a table in Tony's section!  He was so nice, really attentive and super fun!  Needless to say we loved him!

On Saturday I got up early to coach at the U for a little bit and then I went to pick up Annie for a day of fun!  Annie and I went to watch my old high school diver Zoe dive at a college meet at St. Thomas!  It was really fun to watch her dive again but a whole lot less stressful being in the stands instead of on deck coaching :)
Then Annie and I headed to Mall of America for a little Xmas shopping!  Worst idea ever!  It was beyond busy- more like a zoo!  It was so hard to navigate around, we didn't stay long.  Saturday ended with Ryan and I getting dinner at Champps and a movie on the couch!  We were lazy and we loved it!

Sunday we woke up to a whole lot of snow!  We ran to the gym to get a quick workout in and when we got home, my sweet husband shoveled the end of the driveway really quickly so we could get in the garage!
 This was the first year we have a snowblower and I know Ryan is pretty happy not to be shoveling all that snow again!  It was heavy and wet!  He went out twice to snowblow and I shoveled the sidewalk and yard- yes yard so Dupree has a spot to do his business!  He can't walk in the snow when there is more than 2 inches!  
 Isn't he adorable?!
The rest of Sunday was spent on the couch either watching football or napping.  I haven't been that lazy in I can't say how long and we loved it!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend too!


No comments:

Post a Comment